I am free, at last!

Hi, I'm Anne and I was a certified soda addict much to my husband's chagrin. I would drink around 2 liters a day of the famous household drink like it was my water and nearly became an Ulcer patient at one point. It was a close call back in 2007 that I didn't go near the stuff for a whole year, which was definitely a feat. A couple of lapses here and there, and I found myself going down that same road again. We thought I was a hopeless case with my addiction until, I got pregnant again with the Little Hulk.

A child growing in your womb sure does wonders, it becomes less about you and more about the baby. Whatever is best for him or her, that's what's important. Miss Artsy was already 7 years old at the time, so we decided to take a refresher's course on pregnancy and taking care of babies. We read, a lot, which I usually loathe. We went through countless blogs, signed up for Mom forums and groups, read up on Natural News, Natural Society, and Dr. Mercola and even encyclopedias.

I knew that Caffeine was bad for the baby, but I didn't know about Aspartame and the other toxic ingredients in my then favorite drink. It was the rude awakening I needed to eliminate my dangerous addiction. It wasn't just going to endanger my baby, but it would make me, in the long run, be incapable of taking care of my family which I intend to do for a long time. After making the life changing decision of eliminating soda entirely from my diet, I took the unopened 1.5 liter of soda I had in the fridge and did the usual "Use it for cleaning the toilet bowl experiment" I read on some health blogs. It worked better than Lysol and Mr. Muscle in getting the stains and other dirt off our toilet. I shuddered at the thought of what it does to our body when I drink it. The first thing that came to mind was "I wouldn't let those chemicals anywhere near my unborn child." This strengthened my resolve even further, the thought that drinking soda, even a little amount could do irreversible damage to my baby.

Don't get me wrong, removing soda from my system completely wasn't a walk in the park. I was tempted at every turn. People who kept offering me to drink it at their place wasn't really helping, good thing I don't go out that much. But it was still hard. Remember, it was an addiction. Chemicals present in the drink were messing with my brain and telling me I needed to drink soda. Tons of prayers, a bit of time, patience, discipline, a lot of detoxifying food and unwavering support from my loved ones did it for me. Now, I can only look at a bottle of the carbonated drink and gag at mere thought of ingesting even a small amount of the toxic stuff. So hello again, I'm Anne and for 4 years straight I have been and still am a Sodaholic no more!

Try cutting out from drinking soda, it'll save you from future diseases and hospital bills. Drink water and fresh juice instead, a healthier you will definitely stretch your peso! ;)
https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Post a Comment

Article published on December 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment