I have been blogging for just a couple of months now (actually started last year, with a couple of articles but didn't really push through with it until now) and was surprised to be nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Lauren Suggs of Twin Tested, Pin Approved. Thanks a lot Lauren! I gladly accept the award! Wow, my first ever blog award! This is just awesome! I really appreciate the nomination and the opportunity to write this post and meet fellow bloggers.
To start with, I didn't know anything about the award so I decided to ask my friend, Google, to help me out on this one. As it turns out, the blog award has German origins, the word “Liebster” has several definitions: kindest, nicest, beloved, dearest, sweetest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend. All the nominees are already winners once they accept the award and pay it forward. It's basically a blogger to blogger award that works like a chain letter that could be considered good or bad which entirely depends on the person receiving it. In my case, I think it's an awesome way to meet other bloggers and discover & support new blogs as well!
I've stumbled upon different sets of rules in my research, but decided to stick with Lauren's post. So here I go:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you. (check!)
- You have to answer all the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- You must choose 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and come up with a new set of 11 questions for them.
- Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated.
- What has been your favorite family vacation or vacation in general so far? Our San Francisco and Las Vegas trip back in 2010
- What color looks good on you? Red
- Who taught you how to cook? Food Network
- What made you decide to start your blog? I wanted to share what I learned from other blogs.
- Who was your favorite teacher? Ma'am Jorda (Calculus Professor, a subject I hate haha)
- If you had to wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, which pair would you choose? My high-cut boots
- Beach or Mountains? Mountains (I can't swim)
- What word do you use to describe yourself and why? Fun-size, I'm barely 5 feet.
- What movie can you watch over and over? The Matrix Trilogy (Big Keanu Reeves fan)
- What’s your favorite pin/pin board on Pinterest? IBibleVerses
- Who inspires you? Jesus
- Crissy's Blog
- A Graceful Mess
- Goofball Mommy
- Brookie the Brave & family
- Mommy A to Z
- Parenting Meltdowns
- Room With a Bloom
- The CMS Family Blog
- Mommies Quiet Place
- Arizona Momma
- What does your family think about your blogging?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- Do you cook and who taught you how?
- What's your favorite movie?
- What is the best book you've read recently?
- What is your favorite dish?
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
- What quote do you live by?
- What made you start blogging?
- Are you into organic?
- Have you had Kale?
Thanks for reading about the Liebster Award! I hope that all of my nominees will participate and accept their awards as well, which is beneficial to new blogs like mine! If you do this tag, please make sure to let me know so I can read your responses!
Already thinking about a follow up article on this, that is when I get another award! Haha!
Please feel free to comment, I love interacting with my readers! Do drop me line!
Now I'm off to inform the others of their nominations!